North Somerset Council, in partnership with Avon & Somerset Constabulary, have launched Operation All Safe.
This is a campaign focused on keeping those who visit and work in Weston’s evening and night time economy safe throughout the festive period.
The campaign, which runs between Friday 4 December 2021 and Tuesday 4 January 2022, will see local council and police officers focusing on five key themes:
- tackling drink spiking and the perceptions of drink spiking
- reducing vulnerability and enhancing the feeling of safety in the evening & night time economy
- tackling anti-social behaviour, crime and disorder particularly those which are fuelled by drink or drugs
- tackling violent crime through prevention measures
- enhancing the MAVISbus to provide a safe space and multi-agency help point
Social media will play a vital role in delivering festive safety information. Stay up to date with #AllSafe by following us on Twitter @SaferStrongerNS or ‘like’ the Safer Stronger North Somerset Facebook page. You can access both accounts by clicking on the little icons at the bottom of this page.